Tuesday, July 11, 2017

What's Yours is Mine? Not Really...

Copyrights have always interested me, but to be perfectly honest, they've mostly intimidated me. Typically when it comes to citing resources, I go for the "better safe than sorry" route. This habit started from my early years in citing resources (middle school), and I have always been taught that ideas, thoughts, not originally produced by yourself are required to be cited, and that the common phrase of "What's yours is mine" does not apply within this arena.

When I began looking at Week 3's resources in the weekly folder, I was intrigued by the Creative Commons' website and how easy it is to use. I'm curious--would anyone think of utilizing this for their own coursework (i.e., research papers they write, presentations they produce, etc.)? I've never done so before, but am curious how many of you have done it or would be interested in doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment