Thursday, July 20, 2017

Edmodo = Facebook?

As soon as I created an account on Edmodo, I thought I was on Facebook. Did anyone else get that impression? Many of the features or aspects are very similar: profile picture/avatar, groups list, status/post updates, and a feed from the group you're following. I think I may enjoy Edmodo more than Facebook because it centers the focus on one particular group or topic whereas Facebook's feed generally has no filter. Your followers may post similar topics, but they may not be as centered on what a group may be focused on. It's not as easy to "tune" out some topics from others (politics versus recipes).

I also enjoyed the aesthetics of this site. It was easy to navigate. I could see myself using this for collegiate aged individuals in providing them pop questions with the surveys or by posting useful information as means of a forum/discussion.

4 comments:

  1. honestly, I don't think the UI of Edmodo is as intuitive as Facebook. And their functions are different--one is more educational oriented and the other is connection oriented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally find similarities in the aesthetics and functions (posting, uploading, etc.). I completely agree that they both have completely different purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The original intent of Edmodo was to emulate social-media like interactions in an environment that is safe/private for learners. Good observation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes a lot of sense. I like that it combines both aspects: social media and learning.

      Delete