Friday, August 4, 2017

Personal Learning Networks

To end the semester, I summarized my experiences in my personal learning networks. As my topic, I selected baking because I've never really tried baking from recipes on social media sites, but have always liked the idea. For my project, I chose Facebook and Pinterest and discovered that Facebook was ideal in sharing experiences and ideas, whereas Pinterest was great in storing a large number of recipes to try for later. 

Personally, I enjoyed both sites, but think I'd be more inclined to participate with Facebook more because I had a higher level of interaction with friends and followers. Many of the commenters shared their ideas, or requests for my opinions after I tried the recipe. Pinterest was great in storing a large number of recipes, but I didn't use it to its full potential. Instead of creating multiple boards specific to topics on baking (i.e., quick desserts, gourmet desserts, etc.). It lacked interaction between users, but did facilitate communication through tagging or sharing pins with others. 

Did anyone use similar sites? Please share your experiences and thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment